- Former Trump campaign manager Brad Parscale told campaign staff and friends that he was under federal investigation, just days before police detained him, Trump advisers tell Insider.
- Parscale did not specify which agency is investigating him or what for, according to Republicans familiar with his comments
- Trump campaign staff said Parscale seemed fine in regular campaign Zoom meetings in the weeks before his meltdown.
- Parscale declined to comment for the record.
- Insider reported in July Parscale’s spending while leading the Trump campaign was the subject of an internal audit. A Trump campaign spokesman denied any such investigation is taking place.
- Trump advisers say the president has resumed complaining about Parscale recently, telling aides last Friday repeatedly that, “He ripped me off!”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
President Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Brad Parscale appeared despondent last Friday, telling his fellow 2020 staffers and friends that he was