Noam Galai/Getty Images
- AMC shares rallied as much as 23% on Wednesday after the theater chain announced plans to have 420 locations operating by the weekend.
- The company aims to reopen 140 theaters over the week, AMC said in a press release.
- The majority of reopenings come in time for the Thursday release of Christopher Nolan’s “Tenet.”
- AMC has traded higher alongside other so-called reopening stocks in recent weeks as investors boost bets on a recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
- Watch AMC trade live here.
AMC Entertainment soared as much as 23% on Wednesday after the company unveiled plans to have 420 of its theaters operational by the weekend.
The sum represents 70% of all US AMC locations, the company said in a press release. The theater chain aims to open more than 140 theaters this week, with most of the reopenings arriving before the Thursday release of Christopher Nolan’s