- Florida’s health department recorded 3,266 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, a massive jump from 738 new daily cases it recorded on Monday.
- Florida’s cases had been declining, but Tuesday marked the highest single-day total since September 19, bringing the state’s total count to 704,568.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis lifted all restrictions on restaurants and small businesses at the end of last week.
- Reports showed large crowds gathering throughout the state over the weekend.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Health officials in Florida reported 3,266 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, up from the previous day’s new case tally of 738, bringing the state’s total case count to 704,568.
Officials also reported 106 new deaths, bringing the state’s total to 14,313 since March.
Despite being a coronavirus hotspot for most of the summer, Florida had seen a decline in cases during most of September and hadn’t seen more than 3,000 cases