Personal Finance Insider writes about products, strategies, and tips to help you make smart decisions with your money. We may receive a small commission from our partners, like American Express, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- You may be able to walk into a branch and deposit cash into someone else’s account, but many banks are rejecting cash deposits to avoid fraud.
- You can transfer money electronically through websites and apps such as Venmo, PayPal, and Zelle.
- You may send a money order for amounts smaller than $1,000, or a cashier’s check for larger amounts.
- A wire transfer is a tool for sending money to someone who lives far away.
- Have the Personal Finance Insider newsletter sent straight to your inbox.
There are plenty of times you’ll need to give money to someone, but for one reason or another, you can’t just hand them cash. In