JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Oct. 13, 2020 /PRNewswire/ — GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation (GuideWell), the parent to a family of forward-thinking companies focused on transforming health care, announced 13 health-tech companies from across the nation will showcase solutions that address some of the major challenges of the current health pandemic today at the GuideWell COVID-19 Health Innovation Collaborative Showcase. A virtual substance abuse support system and an AI-powered COVID-19 symptom attestation platform are among the concepts and prototypes that will be featured.
All of the ideas focus on increasing the scope and scale of resources to reduce the complex stress factors COVID-19 is having on our country’s health care system.
“Overcoming the health care challenges associated with COVID-19 requires out-of-the-box thinking from some of the brightest minds,” said Camille Harrison, senior vice president and chief operating officer of GuideWell Commercial Markets and GuideWell Innovation. “It is more imperative than ever that we, as a health solutions enterprise, foster innovation and collaboration and use them to help our country fight back against COVID-19.”
GuideWell is hosting the one-day virtual event to offer selected entrepreneurs an opportunity to present their pandemic-relief business models and engage with health insurance and other health care industry experts from across the country, with hopes for future collaboration and partnerships.
GuideWell announced the Challenge and the company’s commitment of $125,000 in April, shortly after COVID-19 began sweeping through the United States. The initiative was designed to source innovative technology solutions that demonstrate potential to alleviate some of the health care challenges people face during public health emergencies. Nearly 100 health-technology companies submitted solutions. And now, the companies with the most promising solutions have a unique opportunity to present their ideas and connect with industry experts.
The COVID-19 Health Innovation Collaborative is specifically focused on addressing critical risks facing health care professionals and staff, homebound COVID-19 patients and families, and the social issues that may arise from social distancing.
“We launched this initiative to accelerate and unite rapid, market-ready solutions to enhance how we deliver care to our customers during these especially trying times,” said Kirstie McCool, executive director of GuideWell Innovation. “This showcase grants health-tech companies the opportunity to scale their business to new markets and improve the health and wellness of millions during this global pandemic.”
The cohort consists of 13 health-technology companies from across the country specializing in solutions that address the critical gaps in response to global health pandemics.
The 13 startups selected to participate in the showcase are:
- Care Heroes (SINGER ISLAND, Fla.): A virtual, in-home care solution for Medicaid populations that provides long-term social services and support to older and underserved adults.
- NeuroFlow (PHILADELPHIA): A behavioral health care management solution that helps deliver measurement-based care for patients living with mental health conditions.
- Workit Health (ANN ARBOR, Mich.): A telemedicine program designed to provide addiction and opioid-use treatment to help people living with substance use disorders
- Andor Health (ORLANDO, Fla.): A clinical, cloud-based platform that provides virtual COVID-19 check-in attestation and integrates medical records to deliver real-time, actionable information to care teams, clinicians and patients.
- Consejosano (NORTH HOLLYWOOD, Calif.): A tech-enabled, human-fueled patient engagement and automated communication platform that provides tailored services to address the needs of clients with multicultural populations.
- GraftWorx (SAN FRANCISCO): A medical technology company that uses remote patient monitoring wearables to help patients manage chronic heart and kidney disease.
- Mytonomy (BETHESDA, Md.): A cloud-based software platform that uses microlearning and behavioral science to promote patient engagement through health care education, including information about COVID-19.
- Pack Health (BIRMINGHAM, Ala.): A digital health coaching platform for 25+ chronic conditions aligned to core areas of cardiometabolic, respiratory, autoimmune, oncology, and specialty programming.
- Physera (SAN FRANCISCO): A virtual, remote musculoskeletal care management and treatment program that provides patients with access to physical therapists through the use of live video interactions.
- Well Health (SANTA BARBARA, Calif.): A communication platform that enables health systems, private physician practices, and vendors to build real, lasting relationships with their patients through fully-integrated communications.
- Genomic Expression (BEVERLY, Mass.): An in-home solution that analyzes RNA codes for proteins to identify COVID-19 as well as better cancer treatments.
- Suggestic (SAN FRANCISCO): An AI-powered nutrition platform and app that helps people find and follow a personalized eating plan designed to improve health outcomes, assist with weight loss and manage chronic diseases, including those with COVID-19 exposure or symptoms.
- Mira (NEW YORK CITY): This health care solution is designed to help low to moderate risk patients manage their care at home and avoid unnecessary visits to the ER. Their three-step program provides self-assessments, virtual care and in-clinic or in-home COVID-19 testing to individuals without insurance.
Applicants selected to participate in the collaborative were eligible for a portion of the $125,000 non-dilutive award funding that GuideWell provided to support the collaborative. In addition, those selected to participate in the showcase may receive an opportunity to pilot their solution in collaboration with GuideWell and its clinical partners.
To learn more about the COVID-19 Health Innovation Collaborative, click here.
GuideWell Mutual Holding Corporation (GuideWell) is a not-for-profit mutual holding company and the parent to a family of forward-thinking companies focused on transforming health care. The GuideWell organization includes the leading health insurance company in Florida; a portfolio of clinical delivery organizations; a health care consumer marketing, sales and engagement company; a provider of administrative services to state and federal health care programs; and a leader in risk adjustment and population care management. The GuideWell enterprise serves 27 million people in 35 states and is headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla. For more information, visit www.guidewell.com.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/covid-19-health-innovation-collaborative-attracts-ideas-from-across-us-to-address-health-pandemic-challenges-301151112.html